The coronavirus has been a topic of interest as of late. There is much talk about it spreading, whether it should be considered a serious health risk and many conflicting opinions on how it should be dealt with.
At Bridge we take the safety & well being of our employees, customers, suppliers & stakeholders seriously. We have been monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak closely and have decided to make a statement in order to reassure our customers that Bridge as a company plans to do all we can to reduce any potential risks from this, by implementing the points below.
We would like to state to our customers how Bridge as a company plans on reducing risks of this wide spread virus as much as we possibly can by implementing the below points.
- All of our employees are aware of the symptoms of Coronavirus and that they must self-isolate immediately should they have any associated symptoms – even if mild.
- Our employees have been issued with guidelines for effective handwashing, good hygiene (catch it, bin it, kill it) and the importance of not touching their face with unwashed hands.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of highly used areas and items within our office (such as door handles, telephones, taps, washing facilities and toilets).
- None of our employees have recently visited high risk countries and they are all informed as to which locations these are and to avoid contact for 14 days with those who have recently visited.
In addition to this we feel it is appropriate to also have introduced the following points as we have company installers that travel beyond our workplace to external sites:
- Hand sanitiser (minimum 60% alcohol content) in all company vehicles – all employees are aware that they must use this on entering the vehicle, before and after rest breaks, before and after visiting customer sites. This is in additional to the handwashing guidelines in place.
- Employees have use of disposable gloves and disposable face masks which they can wear during site visits if customers require this.
- Employees can wear disposable overalls on entering customer premises if this is required.
- Employees have all been issued with cleaning wipes to clean areas that they have touched such as door handles etc and to clean down after installation.
- We are happy to accommodate installations at a time to suit you to minimise contact on site with residents/persons working at your sites.
Should you require any additional safety precautions, we will be happy to accommodate this. Please do not hesitate to let us know no later than 48 hours before installation so we can put these measures in place.
We have consulted the NHS, Public Health England, GOV.UK and WHO websites to ensure we have the most up to date information as well as our Health & Safety consultants Citation. We will be reviewing our response to the Coronavirus risk on a daily basis and will update you further on this post should our practices or policies be updated.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 619 6190 or get in contact here